As the COVID-19 pandemic continues to grow, The Skilled Trades Academy is working to protect the health and safety of students, faculty and staff. While we have been enacting a series of measure to safeguard student, faculty, and staff wellbeing, we have come to the conclusion that it is essential to temporarily suspend all in-person classes for the time being to protect our community.
Please be patient as our team works together to create an action plan to move forward. We are exploring alternative measures to ensure our students are able to complete their certification in a timely manner.
We will be in touch personally with all current students and will keep you updated on when and how we will have classes to resume to complete your training.
What you can do to stay healthy:
- Keep your family home if they are feeling unwell. Monitor for symptoms including fever, cough, difficulty breathing;
- If you are concerned that you may have been exposed to, or are experiencing symptoms of COVID-19, please contact Telehealth at 1-888-797-0000;
- Wash your hands regularly and use sanitizer when soap and water aren’t available;
- Cough and sneeze into a tissue or your elbow;
- Visit reputable websites for COVID-19 information such as Niagara Public Health https://www.niagararegion.ca/health/Novel-Coronavirus.aspx or call 688-8248 ext. 7330.
If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us.
The Skilled Trades Academies Team